2019 Fitness Trends
Just like clothes, music and home decor, trends change over time…so do trends in fitness. (Remember all those aerobics VHS tapes from the 80s?) As 2019 approaches, it’s a great time to see what trends are on tap for the fitness-minded among us.
- Fitness Programs for Older Adults – Building muscle when you’re over 40 isn’t always easy, but creating an exercise program that focuses on mobility, flexibility, and reducing injury can help you stay healthy. Think yoga classes, combined with at-home weight training for a well-rounded program.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIT) – HIT has been popular for a few years now, and that popularity isn’t declining. The method, which is short periods of intense exercise followed by brief rest periods, gets your heart pumping and burns tons of calories. Try an HIT treadmill program to shed those holiday pounds.
- Training with a Friend – Sometimes, you want privacy when you workout. And that’s fine. But often you get more benefit and motivation when you workout with a friend. With a well-stocked home gym, you can use the elliptical while your friend hits the weights, with no downtime and no waiting.
- Fitness Trackers – Nothing new here, but fitness trackers continue to be huge. In fact, they may even be bigger than they have been in the past few years, as manufacturers have worked to make the devices more accurate, and packed them with more functionality.
- 30-Minute Workouts – Time is one thing there never seems to be enough of, and that’s reflected in the way people approach their workouts. Following the idea of HIT, shorter yet more intense workouts are a trend that’s catching on as people work to fit exercise into their busy lives. (Here’s a hint: when you have workout equipment in your home, it’s even easier to achieve!)
What fitness trends are on your radar in 2019? Slide on over to Facebook and share!