5 Amazing Things a Sauna Does For You in the Wintertime
Once all that holiday fun is over – beautiful decorations, great family times, gifts, food, parties – it’s not uncommon for the wintertime blues to set it. Short days, cold, iffy weather – not to mention all those end-of-year expenses – can often mean the weeks following the holiday season are the most stress-filled of the year. Plus, it’s the peak of cold and flu season.
What if we told you there’s a way to not only beat the winter blues, but also boost your overall health, your immunity AND ease those pesky aches and pains? It’s true! The Scandinavians have used saunas for hundreds of years for just these reasons. Research is now backing up these claims.
Here’s what a quality Finnleo Sauna can do for you:
- Better Sleep – More sleep isn’t always good sleep, especially when you’re stressed. And that can weaken your immune system. When your body is relaxed – as it is following a sauna session – you’ll have a more restful night and be better prepared to fight off any illnesses.
- Socialize – Spending time with the people we know and enjoy has been shown to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and depression. So invite your friends over and share your sauna!
- Relax – Did you know that up to 75 percent of visits to the doctor have been at least partially associated with stress and its physical results? (Doesn’t that blow your mind?) The hot, quiet environment of a sauna soothes your mind and relaxes your aching muscles.
- Take care of your heart – In countries that have high sauna use, studies have shown a strong correlation between regular use and improved circulation and lower recurrence of heart problems.
- Detox – When you use a sauna, you sweat. It is a great way to help your body purge all the icky things you’ve been exposed to all day long, and keep illness at bay.
From a traditional sauna to a far-infrared, Maximum Comfort can help you choose the sauna to fit your preferences, your lifestyle and your space. Call or come see us in Vail or Frisco today!