5 Ways to Make Your Sauna Time Even Better
Don’t you just love your sauna? It’s one of the most amazing (and, frankly, underrated) ways to unwind at the end of a long day. To help your body recover from a workout. Even, to help you sleep better.
But so many people hear “sauna” and think “boring.”
That couldn’t be further from the truth! Whether you’re trying to explain to your family and friends why you love your sauna, or you’re intrigued by the benefits of the sauna lifestyle but just aren’t sure what you actually do when you’re in there – we’re here to help. Just check out these 5 ways to make your time even better!
- Enjoy your sauna with a friend! The sauna experience is traditionally a social experience, and most saunas today are built to hold more than one so that you can keep this tradition alive. Share your time with a friend or loved one – it’s a great opportunity to catch up on life or talk about important events.
- Include music. Music can have a powerful effect on our mood. Include your favorite relaxing music and increase the relaxing effects!
- Drink up! Your sauna is a powerful detoxifier and offers great heart health benefits, too. For it to do these jobs well, your body needs to be properly hydrated. Before and during your session, be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Read a book. Be honest. How often do you take time to slow down and read a book these days? It’s good for your mind and your soul to enjoy peaceful activities like this, and it’s the perfect place to do it.
- Add aromatherapy. Turn your sauna into a full sensory experience by adding a small amount of essential oils to the sprinkling water for your traditional sauna. Scents like peppermint, citrus blends and lavender all evoke energy or relaxation. Research essential oils to learn more.
At Maximum Comfort, we can answer your sauna-related questions and help you choose the sauna type and model that’s perfect for your home and lifestyle. Come see us today to learn more!