Infrared Sauna vs Steam Sauna: Which is Right for You?
Let’s compare two popular options: an infrared sauna vs a steam sauna. When it comes to relaxation and rejuvenation, saunas have been a popular choice for centuries. Not only do they offer a tranquil escape from the stress of daily life, but they also provide numerous health benefits. However, with the availability of different sauna types, choosing the right one can be a daunting task. By examining their differences and benefits, you’ll be able to determine which one suits your needs best.
Infrared saunas use infrared heaters to emit radiant heat that directly penetrates the body. This type of sauna operates at lower temperatures compared to traditional steam saunas, typically ranging between 120°F to 150°F (48°C to 66°C). The infrared heat warms the body directly, making you sweat and promoting detoxification.
Benefits of Infrared Saunas
- Pain relief: The gentle heat of infrared saunas can provide relief from muscle and joint pain. It helps increase blood circulation, relaxes tense muscles, and reduces inflammation.
- Cardiovascular health: Regular use of infrared saunas has shown positive effects on cardiovascular health. It can improve circulation, lower blood pressure, and enhance cardiovascular function.
- Skin rejuvenation: The infrared heat stimulates collagen production, promoting healthier and more vibrant skin. It can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and blemishes.
Steam saunas, also known as traditional saunas, operate by heating rocks or a generator to produce steam. The high humidity in steam saunas creates an intense environment, with temperatures typically ranging from 150°F to 190°F (66°C to 88°C).
Benefits of Steam Saunas
- Respiratory health: The hot steam in steam saunas helps open up the airways and can provide relief for those with respiratory issues such as asthma or allergies. It helps to clear congestion and improve breathing.
- Relaxation and stress relief: The combination of heat and steam creates a relaxing environment that can help relieve stress, promote mental well-being, and induce better sleep.
- Skin cleansing: The steam in the sauna opens up the pores and promotes sweating, effectively cleansing the skin and removing impurities. This can result in a healthy and glowing complexion.
- Social experience: Steam saunas are often larger and can accommodate more people, making them a popular choice for socializing and bonding with friends and family.
Infrared Sauna vs Steam Sauna: Which Sauna is Right for You?
Choosing between an infrared sauna and a steam sauna ultimately depends on your personal preferences and health goals. If you prefer lower temperatures and more gentle heat, an infrared sauna might be the right choice. It is ideal for individuals looking for pain relief and skin rejuvenation.
On the other hand, if you enjoy higher temperatures and the sensation of steam enveloping your body, a steam sauna is worth considering. It can provide respiratory benefits, relaxation, and a fun social experience.
Both infrared saunas and steam saunas offer unique benefits and contribute to overall well-being. At Maximum Comfort Pool and Spa, you’ll find a variety of both, including custom-cut Finnleo® saunas, designed to fit both your space and your style. Contact us today to learn more!