The 9 Worst Mistakes Hot Tub Owners Make
As the top hot tub retailer and service provider in the Vail Valley and Summit County, we’ve pretty much seen it all. But when you get right down to it, the spa service calls we receive can usually be traced back to one of these 9 things.
So if you want to avoid problems with your jacuzzi, avoid these common hot tub owner mistakes:
- Don’t turn off the power. Seriously. Don’t do this. In the winter, your spa will freeze up. In the warmer months, the water quality will decrease and the gaskets will dry out.
- Don’t run your spa without the filters. The filters keep dirt and body oils from clogging up your plumbing and pump. If you run your hot tub without them, you risk clogging the pump and burning it up.
- Your hot tub isn’t a bathtub. If you’ve been at the gym or working in the yard, don’t hop into your hot tub to rinse off. Take a shower instead – otherwise, all that sweat, dirt and oil will gunk up your water and filters. Yuck!
- Clean your filters monthly and replace them every year. Your jacuzzi needs well-maintained filters to keep your water as clean and pure as possible.
- Check the chemicals, even if you aren’t using your spa. It’s the best way to keep your water in good condition and avoid problems that can be hard to solve. Out of town? Let us perform the regular maintenance so you don’t have to worry about it!
- If the water looks or smells funny, stay out. This is a sign that something is off with your water balance. Don’t use your jacuzzi until the water has been tested and adjusted.
- Heavy hot tub cover? Replace it. If your hot tub cover is heavy, it’s weighted down with water and it’s lost its insulation value.
- Don’t forget to change the water. The water in your spa needs to be changed every 3-4 months. If you wait any longer, bacteria builds up in the plumbing and is difficult to remove.
- Check the motor once in a while. Leaks and other issues are easier to fix when caught early. Make a habit of looking inside the motor compartment regularly just to make sure everything is as it should be.
Whether you need spa service, or you’re shopping for your perfect spa – we’re here for you. Call, click or come by today!